What’s your favourite family day out?
Over the past few weeks I’ve been putting together your nominations for your favourite family days out in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire. Now the shortlists are ready and voting is open. Have a look at the nominated attractions and click the button below to vote.
If I have already visited one of the shortlisted attractions then I’ll put a link to the review below. For places I’ve not managed to see yet I’m hoping to visit as many as possible over the next few weeks and I’ll add the reviews as I do. In the mean time I’ll add links back to their website.
Keep up to date with the latest news regarding the awards, any new reviews of the nominees and the final result. You’ll also be sent our weekly(ish) newsletter with lots of other reviews, recommendations and discounts. Click the link for more details and to subscribe.
Here are the categories;
Best Animal Day Out
Most kids love spending time with animals. There are so many different animal releated days out in the four counties, we’re really spoilt. Read more about all the nominees for best animal day out here.
- Green Dragon Eco Farm. Hogshaw, Buckinghamshire
- Willows Activity Farm. St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Mead Open Farm. Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Herrings Green Activity Farm. Wilstead, Bedfordshire
- Cotswold Wildlife Park. Bourton-on-the-Water, Oxfordshire
- Paradise Wildlife Park. Broxbourne, Hertfordshire
Best Outdoor Day Out
Unless it’s absolutely chucking it down with rain, getting outdoors is a great way for the whole family to spend time together. Find out all about the nominees by clicking here.
- Black Park Country Park. Wexham, Buckinghamshire
- Knebworth House. Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- Waterperry Gardens. nr Wheatley, Oxfordshire
- Wendover Woods. Wendover, Buckinghamshire
- Lee Valley Regional Park. Hertfordshire
- Harcourt Arboretum. nr. Oxford, Oxfordshire
Best Museum or Educational Day Out
In England you can find a museum for pretty much everything. Personally, I love a good quirky local museum. We’ve got some really amazing ones locally though. Find out more about all the nominees here.
- Chiltern Open Air Museum. Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire
- Milton Keynes Museum. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Stockwood Discovery Centre. Luton, Bedfordshire
- Buckinghamshire Railway Centre. nr Quainton, Buckinghamshire
- River and Rowing Museum. Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
- Verulamium Museum. St Albans, Hertfordshire
Best Free Family Day Out
One of the main focuses of this blog is on free things to do with the kids. We really are spoilt for choice around here. Find out about all the nominees for best free family day out by clicking here.
- Rushmere Country Park. Heath & Reach, Bedfordshire.
- Cutteslowe Park. Oxford, Oxfordshire
- College Lake. Tring, Hertfordshire
- Natural History Museum. Tring, Hertfordshire
- Willen Lake. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- University of Oxford Museum of Natural History & The Pitt Rivers Museum. Oxford, Oxfordshire
Best Physically Active Day Out or Activity
Wear the kids out, let off some steam or do something adventurous. There’s plenty of great places locally to visit. All the details of the nominees for best physically active day out can be found here.
- Go Ape @ Black Park Country Park. Wexham, Buckinghamshire
- Xc. Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Caldecotte Lake. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Green Park Activity Centre. Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire
- Rush. High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- Wet ‘n Wild. Oxford, Oxfordshire
Best Treat Days Out
I’m sure you’ve all been using my top tips to save money on family days out so why not treat the whole family to a bit of a treat. There are some brilliant days out that cost more than my £25 cheap days out budget but are still amazing value. For more details of your favourites click here.
- Harry Potter Studios Tour. Leavesden, Hertfordshire
- Crocodiles of the World. Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
- Birdland. Bourton-on-the-Water, Oxfordshire
- Whipsnade Zoo. Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Rogue Leisure. Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Snozone. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Best Historic House, Building and or Garden
Regular readers know I love a good historic house, but I’m not alone. Find out more about the nominees and choose your favourite here.
- Cliveden. Taplow, Buckinghamshire
- Stonor Park. Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
- Blenheim Palace. Woodstock, Oxfordshire
- Hatfield House. Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Waddesdon Manor. Waddesdon, Buckinghamshire
- Woburn Abbey. Woburn, Bedfordshire
Best Family Attraction
The final category will be the overall winner which goes to whichever attraction gets the most total votes.
Now you’ve seen all the shortlisted attractions in the Free Time with the Kids Awards click the link to cast your vote. You can vote in as many or as few categories as you like. Don’t forget to tell all your friends about the awards so they can choose their favourites too.
I’m Vicky and I am a mum of three living in Aylesbury. I set up Free Time with the Kids to review free and cheap family days out in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire, mainly because I kept forgetting all the fabulous places that were recommended to me!! I love getting out and about with the kids (and hubby of course) and we have adventures all over the place. My reviews tell you all the things you need to know about the family days out and activites we’ve done such as how much it costs, if there’s parking, toilets and if there’s a cafe or if picnics are allowed. I really hope you find the reviews helpful. If there’s anywhere that you’d recommend please get in touch email@example.com or get in touch via Facebook