What’s your favourite family day out?
Over the past few weeks you’ve been voting for your favourite family days out in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Oxfordshire and Hertfordshire. Voting is now closed and the winners are being announced over the next few days! Thank you so much to everyone who took the time to vote – I hope your favourite won!
If a review already exists of a nominated or winning attraction then I’ll back to it. For full details of all the nominated companies click on the full guide for each category
Best Animal Day Out
Read more about all the nominees for best animal day out here.
- Green Dragon Eco Farm. Hogshaw, Buckinghamshire
- Willows Activity Farm. St Albans, Hertfordshire
- Mead Open Farm. Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
- Herrings Green Activity Farm. Wilstead, Bedfordshire
- Cotswold Wildlife Park. Bourton-on-the-Water, Oxfordshire
- Paradise Wildlife Park. Broxbourne, Hertfordshire
Best Outdoor Day Out
Find out all about the nominees by clicking here.
- Black Park Country Park. Wexham, Buckinghamshire
- Knebworth House. Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- Waterperry Gardens. nr Wheatley, Oxfordshire
- Wendover Woods. Wendover, Buckinghamshire
- Lee Valley Regional Park. Hertfordshire
- Harcourt Arboretum. nr. Oxford, Oxfordshire
Best Museum or Educational Day Out
In England you can find a museum for pretty much everything. Personally, I love a good quirky local museum. We’ve got some really amazing ones locally though. Find out more about all the nominees here.
- Chiltern Open Air Museum. Chalfont St Giles, Buckinghamshire
- Milton Keynes Museum. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Stockwood Discovery Centre. Luton, Bedfordshire
- Buckinghamshire Railway Centre. nr Quainton, Buckinghamshire
- River and Rowing Museum. Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
- Verulamium Museum. St Albans, Hertfordshire
Best Free Family Day Out
Find out about all the nominees for best free family day out by clicking here.
- Rushmere Country Park. Heath & Reach, Bedfordshire.
- Cutteslowe Park. Oxford, Oxfordshire
- College Lake. Tring, Hertfordshire
- Natural History Museum. Tring, Hertfordshire
- Willen Lake. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Best Physically Active Day Out or Activity
All the details of the nominees for best physically active day out can be found here.
- Go Ape @ Black Park Country Park. Wexham, Buckinghamshire
- Xc. Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire
- Caldecotte Lake. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Green Park Activity Centre. Aston Clinton, Buckinghamshire
- Rush. High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
- Wet ‘n Wild. Oxford, Oxfordshire
Best Treat Days Out
For more details of the shortlisted treat days out click here.
- Harry Potter Studios Tour. Leavesden, Hertfordshire
- Crocodiles of the World. Brize Norton, Oxfordshire
- Birdland. Bourton-on-the-Water, Oxfordshire
- Whipsnade Zoo. Dunstable, Bedfordshire
- Rogue Leisure. Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Snozone. Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Best Historic House, Building and or Garden
Find out more about the nominees here.
- Cliveden. Taplow, Buckinghamshire
- Stonor Park. Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire
- Blenheim Palace. Woodstock, Oxfordshire
- Hatfield House. Hatfield, Hertfordshire
- Waddesdon Manor. Waddesdon, Buckinghamshire
- Woburn Abbey. Woburn, Bedfordshire
Best Family Attraction
The final category will be the overall winner which goes to whichever attraction gets the most total votes.
I’m Vicky and I am a mum of three living in Aylesbury. I set up Free Time with the Kids to review free and cheap family days out in Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Oxfordshire, mainly because I kept forgetting all the fabulous places that were recommended to me!! I love getting out and about with the kids (and hubby of course) and we have adventures all over the place. My reviews tell you all the things you need to know about the family days out and activites we’ve done such as how much it costs, if there’s parking, toilets and if there’s a cafe or if picnics are allowed. I really hope you find the reviews helpful. If there’s anywhere that you’d recommend please get in touch email@example.com or get in touch via Facebook